In 2019, the KASK Committee elected to provide a special membership to paddling clubs that want to be affiliated to KASK.
If you want your club to be affiliated to KASK, and have it listed, please get in touch with the President via the link on the Contact Us page or the email address printed in the magazine.
What are the benefits of being affiliated?
- Ability to be a club member affiliated to KASK
- Club listing on the KASK Website – One of the most up to date sports websites in New Zealand
- Recognition by KASK for funding purposes. Letters of support for funding available to all affiliated clubs
- KASK is an organisation that represents your interests, fights your corner and is there for you when you need help and advice
- Safe Paddling and Essential Guide developed in conjunction with Water Safety NZ
- A strong relationship with Water Safety New Zealand and Maritime New Zealand
- Water Safety information available online
- An electronic copy of the New Zealand Sea Kayak magazine emailed every two months
- E-Newsletter emailed directly every two months
- Increasing awareness of Water Safety & PFDs
- Paperless membership invoicing for clubs
- Strategic planning assistance for regions & clubs
- A point of access to paddlers, networks, clubs and groups when you are travelling to different regions and want to go for a paddle but don’t know where to go or who to go to
- Have input on events by completing online surveys
- Comprehensive Event Calendar for paddlers
- Opportunity to share your paddling stories via the KASK magazine
- Access to the new KASK interactive app
- Advocacy for the sport at a national level
- Being officially part of the best sport in New Zealand!
What does it mean to the Club?
Clubs/Networks would recognize KASK as their umbrella organization and be regarded as a member of KASK with access to the magazine and other publications in e format.
There will be no obligations, responsibilities or requirements other than that of the affiliation fee.
Use of the KASK logo on club/network literature and promotional material.
Which Clubs are currently affiliated with KASK?
This is a brand new initiative – we have one club (Hawkes Bay Canoe Club) affiliated already and we are talking to two large clubs at the moment.
Will there be a cost associated with being affiliated?
It is not the intention of KASK to make money from this initiative but it is part of our vision of providing value to clubs and paddlers.
It also increases our membership, and increased membership would provide KASK with a greater voice at national forums and increased credibility with local bodies, regional councils and other regulatory bodies.
An affiliation levy is traditionally the cost to belong to an association and it is often an investment in the future of an organisation. The affiliation fees payable to KASK bring some direct services to club members. In addition, and in common with other sports organisations, some of the funds are used for the future good of the sport of paddling in New Zealand.
I want my club to Join as an affiliated club
Please contact Shaun through our Contact Us page and select ‘Clubs and affiliations’ query so we can initiate the process to affiliate your membership. We will then preload the members as affiliated members and give access to member benefits and access to club member only forums within the KASK app.